Geriatric Care Manager Serving Denver Area
Certified Geriatric Care Manager Alissa Schramm at Compass Elder Care Specialists, Inc., in Denver, Colorado, and the surrounding suburbs, excels at assisting family members chart their elderly loved one's path. As a gerontologist and certified geriatric care manager, Alissa will help you and the senior in your life.
What Is A Certified Geriatric Care Manager?
A geriatric care manager is a health and human services specialist who helps families care for older relatives by identifying their needs and developing and implementing a plan to meet those needs. Senior expert. Guide. Advisor. Advocate. Care coordinator. Crisis worker. Surrogate family member. Life transition coach. All these terms describe this professional who can help you help the senior in your life.
A certified geriatric care manager has achieved the highest standard of excellence as defined by the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers. This important distinction is based on specific higher education levels, supervised work experience and an association-approved professional certification.
The 8 knowledge areas of Aging Life Care™ and the holistic, client-centered approach used by Alissa, an Aging Life Care Manager ™
How Can Alissa Help?
As an Aging Life Care Manager, Alissa assumes an invaluable role serving as an advisor to families grappling with the best way to help dependent older adults. With more than 21 years of experience, she shines at assisting seniors with out-of-state family members who need a local professional to navigate the care of their loved one.
The following map demonstrates client family members located throughout the United States, however some have resided as far away as Canada and Europe (e.g., Spain). Alissa understands the complicating factor of caring for an elder from a distance and has a proven track record of helping the entire family by creating peace of mind (see Testimonials).
As an expert in the field of aging, Alissa stands out at planning and managing care for seniors while providing reliable information and peace of mind for family members. Alissa specializes in care coordination for people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and prides herself in developing excellent relationships with far-away families of Denver-area seniors.
Knowledgeable. Experienced. Trusted. Caring. Calming. Alissa is ready to help you with charting your loved one's path. Alissa offers:
- Personalized advice to guide and reassure family members
- Customized plan of care to optimize your loved one's quality of life
- Expert knowledge about care communities from independent living to assisted living to nursing homes, home health, hospice and elder services throughout Denver metro area
- Comprehensive understanding of medical issues and health care systems, such as doctors, hospitals and rehabilitation centers
- Prompt responses to your inquiries
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Access to a local, caring professional to manage emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Convenient electronic billing
Have You Heard the News?
Geriatric Care Management is becoming Aging Life Care™
- To better reflect the broad spectrum of services and expertise we provide
- To distinguish our practices from others performing similar or some of the same functions
- To distinguish our members through their education, experience and certification
- To highlight the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice that our members follow
The National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers is the Aging Life Care Association™ effective May 1, 2015.
Alissa is adopting the new name: Aging Life Care Manager. Her membership level has been renamed from "certified" to "advanced." It continues to reflect the highest category afforded by the association.
Alissa Schramm was pleased to accept an invitation by Right at Home Senior Care to talk about the field of geriatric care management on its radio show, Senior Talk, on KEZW Studio 1430. Alissa spoke with Greg Coopman, director of marketing, and Dale Martin, branch manager, about geriatric care management's value to seniors and their families. Listen to the half-hour interview here:
Alissa Will Help You—and the Senior—in Your Life
Request a complimentary 30-minute consultation (one per family by phone or in person). Please call or email to schedule a no-obligation meeting.
Compass Elder Care Specialists, Inc.
2808 Vrain Street, Denver, CO 80212