Elder Care Services
Compass can provide some or all of the following services for you and your loved one. We can tailor a plan that makes sense for your family. Start with a phone call to Compass, requesting a no-charge, half-hour consultation.
The First Steps of Geriatric Care Management
- Talk with family members about their concerns and goals.
- Meet with and assess senior's functioning and identify needs.
- Gather and review medical records.
- Confer with doctors and other health care providers.
- Develop short-term and long-term care plans.
- Advise family members about best care options for elderly loved ones.
- Recommend home health agencies or care facilities, if necessary. (Compass does not accept placement, referral or finder's fees, assuring unbiased guidance.)
The Action Phase of Geriatric Care Management
- Assist with home care choices or facility admission, move logistics and adjustment period.
- Provide ongoing evaluation to anticipate and solve problems.
- Monitor services for professionalism and effectiveness.
- Communicate with family members on regular basis.
- Accompany at doctor's appointments and hospital emergency department visits.
- Coordinate transportation, including qualifying seniors for discount passes.
- Assess Medicare Part D drug plans during annual enrollment period.
- Help with multitude of home tasks that affect seniors' daily lives.
- Arrange and oversee pet care.
- Available for existing clients and their families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.